so, i drew up a new pattern.
this one i wanted to try out making 2 slopers at the same time to contrast and compare. i drew up a regular sloper like the one the book instructs, and then altered that so that the outer edge of the pattern would line up with a straight edge-- so theoretically that pattern would be for a selvedge edge denim. unfortunately, after several attempts at fitting it wasn't working out. i was trying to make the sloper as i would actually fit my jeans--with no ease. bad idea! having no ease in the sloper didn't allow any room for adjustments when it came to fine tuning the pattern.
ugh. that means drafting a new pattern with 1" ease in the hips and waist. back to the drawing board.
in making this draft, i also noticed that i measured wrong in drawing one of the lines the first time i tried drafting this pattern, so that would have screwed me up anyway.